NJC DSA INTERVIEW

Yippee today was my interview with NJC.. I think i did pretty ok.. um.. but got a i might not get in.. dunno y.

Ok lets see they asked a lot of questions and i guess i answered them pretty well but some i think i might have screwed up.

So first i went into the room and was asked to be seated and then they went about asking the questions. First was the toughest and the most expected and also the one that i had least prepared for. "Why do you want to DSA into NJC?"
me:"I have heard that the maths soceity here in NJC is very good and my seniors encouraged me to apply for DSA into NJC so that i can benefit from the training here."
him:"Ah.. So you applied because of the maths soceity here?"
me:"yes, actually a few of my seniors adviced me about it so i applied."

So now after that was done the posed the next question that totally made me panick.. luckily i had something to tell them(what i used to tell all my friends who dislike mathematics).
him:"Why do you lik mathematics"
me:"hmmm.. well actually its because i believe that mathematics is eternal truth!"
him:"really?"
me:"yeah. actually not only that i also heard that at a higher level every one ends up studying mathematics even those who take English."
him:(most probably sarcastically)"um.. English?? can you explain how.."
me:"Well i am not too sure how but what i heard is that they assign numerical values to nouns and verbs etc. and then look for patterns that might occur when proper and improper sentences are phrased."
him:"ah. ok."

Then they asked me if i had taken the mathematical olympiads this year.
me:"yes"
him:"senior or open?"
me:"both."
him:"And did you qualify for the second round?"
me:"yes for both i did."
him:"ahh ok."

Then they asked me about any setbacks i had had. I shall not elaborate here but those of you who are very close to me probably know what it is.

Next, they asked me to show them my report book and then questioned why my languages and humanities were weak and my sciences strong(um they are not THAT good who would call a A1,A2,B3 good??)
i gave some stupid reason which i cant exactly recall but luckily that was it..

i left out a large part of the interview here because i cant exactly recall.. i also forgot the order in which the other questions were asked.

After that, i went to wait for the others to come(Wei Hong and Son) so that i could tell them about the questions that were asked to mentally prepare them. Later i went to meet Abel and that was it.



The confused ONE
Name: Chaitanya
B`dae: 14/03/1990 (einstein shares my B-dae!!)
Sch00l: Anderson..
Class: De best class
CCA: SJAB and ganna be maths soc soon!!


Falling in LOVE with
The WORLD of anti-confusing(maths!!) things( If only it exists)


Hating
People who get confused by maths (It cant be confusing!)


I wish
-That everyone loves Mathematics!
-To eat non-stop without growing fat!!
-Time machine


Archives
APRIL 06
MAY 06
JUNE 06
JULY 06


Talk to me, tell me your name




Links

Subscribe to AndSecMT
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

SJAB
Aaron
Audrey
Bee leng
Carine
Celene
Fangyi
Huizhen
Huishan
Janice
Jasmine
Joan
Jessica(Mei Shi)
Liwen
Lynette
Minshan
Nadia
Ping Kee
Pei Jun
Polly
Rachel tan
Rachel koh
SARIZAN!!
waiching
weiching

Classmates
angelyn and ankita
ariana
chew yan
evona
geraldine
Jun Jie
Weisiang
Have i forgotten to link you?
pls tag.


Excuses List

Here are some excuses for not doing maths homework. Thanks to a library book.(i dont really use them.. i jus dont do HW!!)
I did not do my Maths because...
1) It was cold at night that i burnt all my pencils for warmth.
2) My pet mistook the homework as veges and ate it.
3) My book was left in my locked drawer where as the key was flushed into the toliet bowl.
4) I accidentally drop it into the library book drop.


Superman!

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird:I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd:but don't be naive
Even Heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed:but won't you conceed
Even Heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away:away from me
It's all right:You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy:or anything:

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

It's not easy to be me.

Copyrited by Jean.L